Friday, January 4, 2008

Chicago Tribune Writer Jason George - "The swag challenge"

 

Jason George, feature writer for the Chicago Tribune, is assigned to the Huckabee Presidential bid trail.
While journalists from my home town, Branson seem to have no qualms about "lucrative side businesses" on their beats, George has to abide by an ethical code which limits gifts to - as his employer puts it, "Nothing larger than a key chain."
On January 1st we met up and traveled to a rally for Mike Huckabee at the Val Air, a Des Moines night club which was built in 1939.
Mike liked the "Total Sellout" tag, which I use to disclose any donation larger than 50 cents.
Since I don't have the privilege of working for an internationally respected news organization willing to pay for a spot on the campaign bus, I accept gifts and offer myself immunization through sellout tag disclosure.
For George, I went on a mission to see just how much swag you can get from campaigns. (Details Coming Soon)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.