Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Breakdown of Candidate Visits to Des Moines

How often have the Presidential Candidates visited Des Moines? Hopefully, the numbers will pick up during this next week when we blog and film from the city leading up to the Iowa Caucuses on January 3rd, the first in the nation.

The number of visits to Des Moines, Iowa by Republican and Democratic Presidential hopefuls since January 1st 2007 as reported by the Des Moines Register:
DesMoinesRegister.com

Total visits     Democrats       Republicans

217                         134                        83

Democratic Candidates

Joe Biden (DE)   23 visits
Hillary Clinton (NY) 22 visits
Christopher Dodd (CT) 24 visits
John Edwards (NC) 18 visits
Mike Gravel (AK) 4 visits
Dennis Kucinich (OH) 3 visits
Barack Obama (IL) 23 visits
Bill Richardson (NV) 17 visits

Republican Candidates

Rudy Giuliani (NY) 3 visits
Mike Huckabee (AR) 15 visits
Duncan Hunter (CA) 0 visits
John McCain (AZ) 8 visits
Ron Paul (TX) 6 visits
Mitt Romney (MA) 10 visits
Fred Thompson (TN) 4 visits


1 comment:

Zachariah Wiedeman said...

Heather - you were going to give me your MySpace tonight, but I figured I could just find it by searching you full name. Boy, was I mistaken. Just send me a message or add me, at mine, okay? myspace.com/zachwiedeman

~ Zachariah

(and I guess, delete this completely irrelevant comment!)