Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Iowa State Capitol Tour with McCain Volunteers



On the second day (Friday) of being embedded within the McCain campaign, I was invited by a few of the volunteers to go out for some pizza. I took my camera along of course, and after I made buddies with Alex, Jason and Mike, they informed me that they suspected that I was a spy.
Apparently it didn't look so good showing up for a few hours to work in the evening dressed like a neo-hippie strapping a very large, professional looking camera. I was then invited to go on a tour to the Iowa state Capitol building in Des Moines, an incredibly beautiful (and old) structure. The law library was breathtaking as was the view of down town Des Moines from the library balcony.















(photos by Heather Turner)

No comments: